Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Honduras!

Hello everyone!
Well, here I am in Honduras at last! It is my second full day of experiencing the culture here. I can´t say yet that I am having a blast, but it has been very new and interesting. Kandice, Sasha, and I are all in the same house across the street from the other girls house. We do not have air conditioning. We are currently going through orientation to learn how to teach... I am feeling very overwhelmed with all that they are telling us, as I am teaching 6th grade math, bible, phonics, and spelling and I am supposed to have a class plan for the entire year for each subject! We have a running tally of the cockroaches killed in our house so far... 13 to date. It is not killer hot at the moment, but that all changes hourly. I appreciate everyone´s prayers. Please keep the emails coming as well. I miss you all and love you very much! I will post pictures when I get internet in our house.
-Heidi

3 comments:

The Reich Family said...

Hi!
It's SAbbath and Uncle Keith and Aunt KArri are here. WE just saw your video of the walk to school! Nice job!

Would love to hear/see your worship service sometime...the singing sounded great! Do they do it in Spanish or English?

We miss you! Can't believe it's been only 2 weeks!

Love you, Mom

The Reich Family said...

I just remembered something...the graduation book we made for Katie came yesterday (SAbbath). I gave it to her, and she was thrilled! Thanks so much for your patient tutoring with that project, Heidi!

Love you, Mom

Unknown said...

experiencing the culture....hmmm..:D ily!!